As Catholics and citizens, we want to participate in every effort to limit the spread of COVID-19. Governor Kate Brown has cancelled all events involving 10 people or more for 30 days. Archbishop Alexander Sample has made the difficult decision to cancel all public Masses in the Archdiocese of Portland through April 14, 2020 and has granted a dispensation for all the faithful from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation for the same period of time.
Our plans at Our Lady of the Lake are:
1. All Masses and scheduled prayer services are canceled through Tuesday, April 14. Mass for Sundays, March 22 and 29 will be video recorded and posted on our website by 8 PM on Saturday and available for viewing through Sunday. Video of Sunday homily and audio podcast will be posted on Monday mornings. (Watch here for an update and schedule of livestreams for the OLL Holy Week services and Easter Sunday Mass.)
2. Our church will remain open from 6 AM until 5 PM each day for daily prayer and adoration.
3. All parish events are canceled including weekday meetings, bible studies and prayer groups through April 14.
4. The parish office is closed for in-person business. The office phone 503-636-7687 will be monitored during business hours of 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM. After those hours, the answering service will take messages and direct emergency calls for a priest.
5. Confession during this time of restricted gatherings is available only by appointment with Fr. Kerns. To schedule an appointment, please send an email to Fr. John Kerns (email addresses are found on page two of the bulletin) or call the Parish office at 503-636-7687 for his email. Appointments cannot be made on the phone with the Parish Office. NOTE: Confession time on Saturday afternoon 3-5 PM is currently canceled. Read Pope Francis’ advice and homily regarding Lent and Confession.
Read more in Fr. Kern's "OLL's Response to COVID-19" letter.